Kristin from Petals ‘n Bloom does such fabulous work I asked her if she could share with my brides some tips on how she makes each Wedding extra special. One of Kristin’s many strengths is preparation, so she decided to share her tips on how to have a successful consultation with your florist to find your perfect wedding style.
10 Things to Know Going into Your Initial Wedding Flower Consultation
1. Be prepared to book as far in advance as possible.
a. Peak season months such as June, September & October book as early as 9-12 months
in advance and as little as 6 months for additional months.
2. Be prepared to invest 1-1.5 hours discussing your wedding floral needs.
a. A consultation form will be followed and filled in accordingly during this meeting. The
floral fan deck should also be available as a visual aid to help identify flower varieties/
3. Consider bringing someone with a valued opinion.
a. For example: Fiancé, Mother or Maid of Honor
4. Have a color scheme selected.
a. Bring swatches if available.
5. Know your general style or theme.
a. For example: Traditional, Rustic or Romantic. Bring along any photos or items of
inspiration that correlate.
6. Know your budget parameters.
a. This helps the florist tailor your vision and keep expectations realistic.
7. Have your wedding party selected.
8. Know the approximate number of guests attending and reception table counts.
9. Provide any additional vendor information.
a. This is needed to coordinate timing with the day-of delivery and set-up.
10. Provide anticipated delivery locations.